, , , , ,

Time to shift gears and look at the art challenges I have been working to catch up on.

April’s tag had me stumped just a little.  The wood background was easy since I have a stash of veneer but it was the mosaic that had me stuck.

I came up with a ton of ideas but when I saw Lindsey’s post about using clay that I finally had what I needed to complete this particular tag.

I used cardstock for the backing and mostly covered that with veneer.  I’m not sure what I was thinking since the veneer was rather heavy, making that little section of the cardstock really weak.

I went on to make the butterflies.  They are wooden die cuts that I can’t begin to tell you where I got them.  I used blue glitter sculpy and inserted nuts that I had with these weird little metal “flowers”.  They worked great for this, not sure how one uses them for real.

While that was baking, I decoupaged a napkin onto the bottom of the tag. I loved the look but the edges didn’t disappear like I thought they would so I added this lace tape which really added to the tag.

To finish things off, I added a clock face.  What you can’t see is that I added hands and attached the whole thing with a brad.

Since I had that flap of cardstock, I sprayed it with my alcohol inks and added a metal piece to give it some structure.


Once I got over the problem of the mosaic, the rest of the tag came together really quickly.  I would love to see what you are creating.